Nanoshields Starter Kit
Projects for the Nanoshields Starter Kit
The Nanoshields Starter Kit is a learning tool that uses Arduino to teach electronics and embedded software programming. The kit was designed to interact with physical devices, such as buttons, LEDs, lamps, buzzers and sensors. With the Nanoshields Starter Kit, you have all you need to complete all the 18 projects that are presented here, in order to enhance your electronics and embedded software skills.
The Nanoshields Starter Kit is based on the Nanoshields platform, and uses a robust and easy to use design that allows easy interaction with external elements like panel buttons, high-power LEDs, lamps, buzzers and other types of sensors.
For the starter kit, a reduced number of components is used, providing easy assembly for learning activities. There is no need to deal with a soldering iron or breadboards, making the learning activity more dynamic. That allows creation of a large number of projects in a short period of time, focusing more on electronics and programming concepts and less on repetitive tasks.
The kit contains:
- 1x Base Boarduino, an Arduino-compatible microcontroller board
- 1x Interface Nanoshield with 5 buttons, 2 LEDs and one buzzer
- 1x Mosfet Nanoshield to control high power DC elements
- 1x 12V 1A power supply
- 1x 5mm LDR sensor
- 1x Micro USB cable
- 1x Precision screwdriver set
- 1x 10k resistor
- 1x 12V automotive DC lamp
- 1x Lamp socket
- Setup and loop
- Turning on an LED
- Controlling the LEDs on the Interface Nanoshield
- Controlling the buzzer
- If "this", do "that"
- Reading a button
- Serial Monitor
- "While this", do "that"
- Reading multiple buttons
- Preparing the lamp
- Turning on the lamp
- Controlling the lamp brightness
- Controlling the lamp brightness with buttons
- Controlling the lamp brightness with a light sensor
- Simon Game Challenge
- Smart Table Lamp Challenge